Monday, February 1, 2016

Chicken coop finds 1940 Knucklehead and a 1947 Knucklehead


 I never thought the day would come when I would unearth not 1 but 2 old knuckleheads that have been sitting since the early 1960's.. It feels like a dream from the moment I got a call on the shop phone "Hi Jeremiah can you get my 1915 Indian running"? I responded I am sure I can I can make anything run, I would love to have the opportunity. "ok sounds good I also have 2 other bikes you may be interested in looking at a 1940 knucklehead and a 1947 Knucklehead.

I respond oh really whats the story on them? "They were my fathers and he had them a very long time" ok I ask can I come see them? "Of course here is the address" At this point I think someone is playing a big joke on me I jump in my old truck. 

The rest is history I meet David and the story begins, my life changes I am now a proud owner of an old 1940 EL knucklehead that has sat for 50 years and has the coolest story which will come soon.

It gets even better I get to restore Davids untouched all 1947 Knucklehead that was his fathers. It hasn't been touched since 1962... I got her running after 50 years OLD HARLEYS never die. STAY TUNED more to come as well as some first time run videos!!

PEace Love and HAppines and old Harleys








4 comments:

  1. Very cool man, glad they went to a good home

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG. You have got to be shitting me. I certainly would've stopped on the way back and bought some lottery tickets because you have got to be the luckiest somebitch in the world right about then. Stunning knucks! Beautiful patina..all I can say is WOW.

    ReplyDelete